We are grateful to have had the opportunity to contribute to the upcoming book, “Optimizing Community Infrastructure: Resilience in the Face of Shocks and Stresses.” This book is edited by Ryan Colker, Vice President, Innovation at International Code Council and Executive Director of Alliance for National and Community Resilience (ANCR), a national coalition working to provide communities with the tools necessary to holistically assess and improve their resilience.
Optimizing Community Infrastructure: Resilience in the Face of Shocks and Stresses examines the resilience measures being deployed within individual disciplines and sectors and how multi-stakeholder efforts can catalyze action to address global challenges in preparedness and disaster and hazard mitigation. The book provides a theoretical framework to advance thinking on creating resilient, inclusive, sustainable and safe communities. Users will find an accurate and up-to-date guide for working on the development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of policies, programs and projects related to community resilience.
- Provides updated information on resilience, especially on infrastructure, finance, land use, standards and policies
- Includes case studies that illustrate how communities have increased their resilience to natural and other disasters
- Analyzes the institutional, political, social and economic dimensions of resilience at the community level
- Illustrates the interdependencies and interconnectedness of infrastructure systems and how community resilience relies on a holistic approach
- Examines responses to emerging risks associated with climate change