Green Seal’s Safer COVID-19 Disinfection Guidelines
As part of Corporate Sustainability Strategies’ commitment to a sustainable future, President & CEO, Brenna Walraven serves as a member of Green Seal’s Board of Directors.
Recently, Green Seal launched its Safer COVID-19 Disinfection Guidelines to provide actionable best practices for effective and responsible cleaning and disinfection.
These Guidelines are covered extensively by several relevant publications (below) and tie in with growing concern about the health risks of overusing disinfectants, as outlined in the Bloomberg article Rush to Disinfect Offices Has Some Environmental Health Experts Worried.
Green Seal’s Guidelines for Safer COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection are intended for facility, property, and housekeeping managers. They provide actionable guidelines for the safe and effective cleaning and disinfection of occupied spaces and are based on the latest scientific understanding of the particular characteristics of the COVID-19 virus. They also reflect Green Seal’s expertise in setting science-based standards for high-performance cleaning products, principles, and practices that reduce unnecessary use of hazardous chemicals and promote safer and healthier indoor air.
From the Front Lines: Cleaning for COVID-19
- Michael Doherty, President, BMS Building Maintenance Services
- North Carolina State University
- Professionals Trust Green Seal for Facility Care
- Purchasers Trust the Green Seal Standard
About Green Seal
Green Seal is a global nonprofit organization that pioneered the ecolabeling movement with a mission to transform the economy for a healthier, greener world. Green Seal’s rigorous standards for health, sustainability and product performance have driven permanent shifts in the marketplace, empowering better purchasing decisions and rewarding industry innovators.
Relevant Publication Coverage
- 5 Things Businesses Should Know About Green Cleaning During the COVID-19 Pandemic by GreenBiz
- Green Seal Releases Safer Disinfecting Guidelines for COVID-19 by Building Services Management
- Green Seal Releases Safer Disinfecting Guidelines by Green Lodging News
- Green Seal Releases Safer Disinfection Guidelines For COVID-19 by CleanLink
- Safer Disinfecting Guidelines by Happi (Household and Personal Products Industry)
- Green Seal Releases Safer Disinfecting Guidelines for COVID-19 by Healthcare Facilities Today
- Green Seal Releases New COVID-19 Disinfecting Guidelines by Facilitiesnet
- Green Seal releases safer disinfecting guidelines for COVID-19 by The McMorrow Reports
- Green Seal Publishes COVID-19 Cleaning Guidelines by ISSA
- Green Seal Releases New Guide for Safer COVID-19 Cleaning & Disinfecting by EnvirOx
- Green Seal Releases COVID-19 Cleaning Guidelines by Cleaning & Maintenance Management
- Green Seal Guide for Safer Disinfecting During COVID-19 by CLEANFAX