2021 marks a milestone celebration.
It was 30 years ago that an innovative idea took hold with the advent of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Climate Partnership Programs. These voluntary programs serve to broaden and diversify the EPA’s climate approach—working hand-in-hand with private sector organizations and others to achieve more than would be possible through federal regulations alone.
As an ENERGY STAR supporter, Corporate Sustainability Strategies (CSS) invites you to join the celebration and to help spread the word about the cumulative impacts of the EPA’s Climate Partnership Programs.
- More than 6 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions have been prevented from entering our atmosphere
- American consumers and businesses have saved more than $500 billion.
- These programs drove reductions equivalent to 8% of total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions in 2019 alone.
Market Share and Impact on Commercial Real Estate
- Thousands of organizations, including 40% of Fortune 500 and 33 industrial sectors, partner with EPA to help advance energy efficiency.
- More than 270,000 commercial buildings (representing more than 25% of all commercial floor space in the U.S.) actively benchmarking energy use in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager to measure, track, and improve their energy performance.
- Compared to typical buildings, ENERGY STAR certified buildings drive investment in energy efficiency.
- Average Sale Price = up to 31% more
- Average Rental Rate = up to 16% more
At CSS, we know the business case for sustainability, and we believe in doing well by doing good.
It’s important to share how businesses, organizations, and communities are impacting climate change. We appreciate your dedication and continued partnership to strengthen our economies while improving lives and our planet.
Brenna Walraven, BOMA Fellow, BOMI-HP®, CPM®, RPA®
President & CEO
Corporate Sustainability Strategies
Efficiency Pays. Always Has. Always Will.
Join EPA’s 30th Anniversary Celebration
- EPA Celebrating 30 Years of Climate Partnership
- Partner Communication Toolkit
- The Power of Partnership Report