Presented by Building Owners and Managers Association International Conference & Expo
Open to BOMA’s National Advisory Council members and invited guests only.
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated what had already been a growing interest in health and wellness in building design, operations, and tenant workspaces. However, evaluating the information and options for healthier, safer buildings can be a daunting task. A panel of wellness experts and industry practitioners will discuss health and wellness trends, resources, technologies, tenant expectations, costs, certifications, and more. Learn how CRE is embracing the health and wellness revolution and hear recommendations for evaluating and incorporating health and wellness strategies for your buildings, your tenants, and your companies.
- What are the priority areas for health and wellness for you, your firm, your buildings, and your tenants?
- What changes are tenants expecting in building operations and workplaces? How can building owners and managers help tenants optimize their spaces?
- What recommendations/upgrades/changes are short-term? Long term?
- How are owners and managers evaluating the many new technologies and products that have been developed to achieve a healthier and safer workplace? Which are fads and which are real? How do you evaluate cost, practicality, and effectiveness?
- How important is health and wellness certification, and what are the options? Is there a need for third-party validation and labeling?
- How will the current public health crisis revolutionize healthy building design over the coming years?
- What are the best resources for CRE health and wellness trends? How do you stay up to date on trends and share best practices?
- Chris Ashworth, Director of Global Sales, UL
- Brett La France, Global VP of Business Growth, UL
- Ben Myers, Vice President of Sustainability, Boston Properties
- Sara Neff, Head of ESG, Lendlease Americas
- Brenna Walraven, President & CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
October 8, 2021
3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
About BOMA National Advisory Council
BOMA’s National Advisory Council is an exclusive network of senior commercial real estate professionals. The NAC is focused on discussing the most pressing issues impacting companies with large regional, national, and international portfolios while acting as a leadership sounding board for BOMA. Council members are drawn from the nation’s largest companies that develop, own, and/or manage commercial real estate and represent skill sets in every discipline of real estate ownership and management. The members come together twice a year to share perspectives, advance policy recommendations, and learn from each other; however, NAC provides a year-round forum for members to engage in problem-solving and business discussions. (Membership is by invitation only, NAC members only)
About BOMA International Conference & Expo
This year’s theme “Boom. Everything’s Different” speaks to the immense disruption, change, and opportunity that today’s commercial real estate professionals are navigating. The BOMA 2021 education program has been designed with the challenges of this moment in mind, offering more than 40 sessions on relevant topics like the evolving workplace, workforce development, and emerging technologies. Organized across eight distinct focus areas, attendees can customize their itinerary and select topics corresponding with their own educational needs. Whether it’s exposure to new technology, tips for increasing asset performance, or a fresh approach to a frequent tenant issue, seasoned industry veterans and emerging professionals alike can expect to learn something new at BOMA 2021.
About BOMA International
Founded in 1907, the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a federation of U.S. local associations and global affiliates. The leading trade association for commercial real estate professionals for more than 100 years, it represents the owners, managers, service providers, and other property professionals of all commercial building types, including office, industrial, medical, corporate, and mixed-use. BOMA International is the partner individuals in the commercial real estate industry choose to maximize value for their careers, organizations, and assets. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence, and knowledge.