Realcomm will be hosting a hybrid and “by invitation only” Commercial Real Estate CIO Roundtable on April 14 at a multimedia production studio near downtown Los Angeles. A select group of CIOs and senior technology execs will meet physically for discussions on a some of the most critical challenges facing our industry. In addition to attendees who’ll be “live” in the room, additional commercial real estate CIOs and senior technology execs from North America, Asia and Australia will join the conversation remotely via Teams.
(subject to change)
Flexible Hybrid Work Model & The NextGen Tenant/Employee Experience
- Denise Taylor, President Global Technology, Legends Hospitality (moderator)
- Kimberly Bertz, SVP Workplace Services & Experience, Wells Fargo
- Keith Bereskin, VP IT & Building Operations, Healthpeak Properties
- Jim Whalen, SVP, CIO/CTO, Boston Properties
Kilroy Smart Building Case Study
- Bayron Lopez, Operational Technology Manager, Kilroy Realty
ESG and Carbon Neutrality for Smart Portfolios
- Brenna Walraven, President & CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies (moderator)
- Sara Neff, SVP Sustainability, Kilroy Realty
- David Hodgins, CEO, LA Better Buildings
Roundtable Discussion: What’s Keeping You Up at Night?
- Mike Goodwin, Director of Technology and CISO, Stockbridge Capital Group (facilitator)
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Networking
12:30pm – 12:45pm: Welcome & Introductions
12:45pm – 4:45pm: Presentations & Discussions
4:45pm – 5:15pm: Studio Tech Presentation and Tour
5:15pm – 6:15pm: Hosted Reception
Visit Realcomm CIO Forums for more information and to request an invitation.
Presented by Real Professionals Network
ESG (environmental, social, and governance) is a general term used in capital markets and used by investors to evaluate corporate behavior and to determine the future financial performance of companies. — Financial Times.
ESG is the new measure of success for corporations, non-profits, and countries alike.
What You’ll Learn
- Value creation
Date & Time
March 3, 2021
3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT
Real Professionals Network
About Real Professionals Network
provides senior level commercial real estate and development professionals a curated industry hub where they exercise their network of relationships in a meaningful way. Our exclusive meetings help Invested Members and their guests stay top of mind, build trust and enhance credibility by sharing important senior level information. For more information visit www.realprofessionalsnetwork.com.
Webinar presented by BOMA San Francisco
Are you interested in learning more about the certifications you can pursue to market your building as healthy? Come hear from two industry experts, Brenna Walraven, President & CEO of Corporate Sustainability Strategies, and Craig Sheehy, President & CEO of Envision Realty Services, as they impart their knowledge and experience with the Fitwel, WELL, and UL Verified Healthy Building certifications.
They will provide market context for the increase in investor and tenant interest in pursuing such certifications, as well as discuss components, and anticipated costs for each.
- Craig Sheehy, CPM, President and CEO, EnVision Realty Services
- Brenna Walraven, BOMA Fellow, BOMI-HP, CPM, RPA, President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
Date & Time
February 25, 2021
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
BOMA San Francisco
Building Owners and Manager Association (BOMA) is the most influential and effective advocacy, recruitment, and training organization for the U.S. commercial real estate industry. BOMA San Francisco represents more than 72 million square feet of office space in San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin and Sonoma counties, and is federated with BOMA International and BOMA California, the voices of the commercial real estate industry in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento. For more information visit www.bomasf.org.
The achievement of a balanced economic, social and environmental development is recognized as one of the major challenges the building industry is facing today. What is less clear is how building owners and developers can seize the opportunities offered by zero-emissions mandates and disruptive energy technologies to generate business opportunities and value for their stakeholders. In this series, industry leaders illustrate ideas and examples on how to use smart building technologies to achieve energy savings and realize the value creation potential from ESG.
Across the US, building owners and operators are tasked with making energy efficiency upgrades and/or decarbonizing their power supply to meet new emission reduction targets. This session discusses the impact of regulations on building operations and showcases portfolios that are committed to carbon neutrality.
- Sara Neff, SVP, Sustainability, Kilroy Realty
- Ryan Tinus, Sr. Director, Engineering and Environmental Sustainability, Hudson Pacific Properties
- Tanya March, SVP, North America, Envizi
- Brenna Walraven,President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
Date & Time
February 18, 2021
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM ET / 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM PT
Realcomm was founded with the goal of bringing industry leaders together to discuss, demonstrate, and debate the latest innovations to impact our industry. For more information visit www.realcomm.com.
Class B and C buildings often trail Class A buildings in adopting energy efficiency strategies and green leasing provisions. However, they also are the asset class with the most to gain from these measures.
While owners and operators of these properties are often eager to enact sustainability strategies, they can be constrained by smaller budgets, limited staffing, and the high demand for day-to-day operational needs.
However, they also are the asset class with the most to gain from these measures.
BOMA International partnered with the Urban Land Institute and Rocky Mountain Institute to compile the first study of its kind, offering guidance and strategies for implementing energy efficiency and green leasing measures specifically tailored to the owners and operators of Class B and C office buildings.
You are invited to learn the how you can unlock the hidden values in your property from Marta Schantz, Senior VP of Urban Land Institute, Brenna S. Walraven, RPA, CPM, BOMI-High Performance, BOMA Fellow, President and CEO Corporate Sustainability Strategies, Inc., and Duanne Jordan, Senior Property Manager of Colliers International South Florida.
- Overall economics for energy efficiency in Class B/C buildings
- National viewpoints on the Class B/C business case for energy efficiency
- South Florida findings and perspectives on implementing energy efficiency and green leasing measure
Date and Time
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
10:00 AM Eastern Time
Nareit’s REITworks is an educational conference where REIT industry professionals will have the opportunity to learn about the latest developments in environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and good governance impacting the real estate sector.
Best Practices for Publicly Reporting Your Company’s Social Policies
Session Learning Objectives
- What to report
- Where to report it
- How to track throughout the year
- How to improve social responsibility scores from data scrapers
- Tips for first time reporting
- Kirby Brendsel, Assistant Vice President, Sustainability & ESG, Welltower
- Mark Delisi, Vice President, Corporate Responsibility, AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
- Kirrin Winning, Senior Manager, Corporate Responsibility & Community Impact, Regency Centers
- Brenna Walraven (moderator), President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
Date & Time
September 22, 2020
10:30 AM Eastern Time
Nareit is the voice for the REIT industry among U.S policymakers, whom they inform about the important roles that REITs and REIT investment play in job creation, economic growth and the lives of millions of investors. They also are an information resource for policymakers in countries around the world that have introduced or are considering introducing REITs.