While environmental and financial benefits of energy-efficient buildings are undisputed, property professionals need a foolproof plan to execute a lease that achieves and maintains sustainable building operations. For more than 30 years, BOMA International has provided the industry with a model lease agreement that is considered the standard for commercial leases. Recently, it released the latest version of its model lease Green Lease Guide: A Guide for Landlords and Tenants to Collaborate on Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Practices.
Learn the latest in high-performance leasing and building a win-win for building owners and tenants. Hear how some of the industry’s Green Lease Leaders are successfully breaking down the barriers to achieve high-performance buildings. Discover how Boulder Commons and Sharp Development are achieving net-zero energy (NZE) and making a sound business case for NZE in multi-tenant properties.
- Find out the latest industry guidance for greening a commercial lease.
- Discover how the industry’s Green Lease Leaders are successfully implementing high-performance or energy-aligned leases.
- Learn how to execute a net-zero energy lease and build the business case for achieving net-zero energy in multi-tenant office buildings.
- Alexandra Harry, Program Manager, Institute for Market Transformation (LinkedIn)
- Alisa Petersen, LEED AP BD+C, Senior Associate, Buildings, Rocky Mountain Institute (LinkedIn)
- Brenna Walraven, President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies (LinkedIn | Twitter)
Date and Time
Monday, August 13
2:00 PM-3:00 PM ET (1:00 PM CT, 12:00 PM MT, 11:00 AM PT)
Join us from your desk or anywhere with internet access.
Learn more about this webinar.
CPD Credits and Bonus
BOMA’s Webinars qualify for continuing professional development credits for the renewal of these industry designations: RPA, FMA, CPM, ARM, SMA/SMT and CCM.
Bonus: All webinar registrants receive a special promo code for a 20% discount when purchasing the BOMA Green Lease Guide before September 30.
About BOMA International
BOMA is a federation of U.S. associations and international affiliates. BOMA represents owners and managers of all commercial property types including nearly 10.5 billion square feet of U.S. office space that supports 1.7 million jobs and contributes $234.9 billion to the U.S. GDP. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge. BOMA is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.
Learn more about BOMA International.
Corporate Sustainability Strategies is pleased to announce Brenna Walraven will lead the discussion on “Driving Better Buildings Through Connectivity” at Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA) 2018 Annual Conference & Expo.
Driving Better Buildings Through Connectivity
Connected buildings can bring immediate benefits and help drive lasting results for building owners and managers.
- Gain best practices for your connected building strategy
- Learn how to optimize data security when enhancing connectivity
- Learn about the benefits building data can provide and how to demystify and optimize it for enhanced efficiency and occupant satisfaction
- Learn from a successful case study about the benefits and challenges involved in enhancing a building’s connectivity while achieving sustainability goals
- Ron McGill, Director of Engineering, Grand Hyatt New York
- Francesca Spinelli, Account Manager, Trane
- Brenna Walraven, President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
Date and Time
Sunday, June 24, 2018
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Learn more about this education session.
About BOMA Annual Conference & Expo
Your Big Moment
Your commercial real estate career is always in motion. You need to know what’s now and what’s next to stay ahead in a changing industry. The BOMA International Annual Conference & Expo is your big moment to learn, connect, grow and shine.
The 2018 event will be held in San Antonio, Texas, and boasts a full schedule of new educational content, the latest technology and innovative solutions, and prime networking time. If it has the power to impact your future. It’s here. Big opportunities await.
Sustainability is Big for Commercial Real Estate
High-performance buildings are attractive to tenants that are pursuing corporate sustainability goals. And high-performance systems have the potential to lower your utility bills, improve tenant retention and provide greater NOI. Discover new strategies and tactics for cutting expenses, increasing efficiency and reducing your energy footprint — the High Performance Buildings track at the 2018 BOMA International Annual Conference & Expo covers everything you need to know to “green” your building operations.
For more information visit www.bomaconvention.org.
About BOMA International
BOMA is a federation of U.S. associations and 18 international affiliates. BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types including nearly 10.5 billion square feet of U.S. office space that supports 1.7 million jobs and contributes $234.9 billion to the U.S. GDP. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge.
BOMA is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.
For more information about BOMA visit www.boma.org.
Corporate Sustainability Strategies is pleased to announce Brenna Walraven is moderating Financing for Sustainable Real Estate Projects: Resources & Results for Urban Land Institute (ULI).
About the Webinar
As the business case for sustainable investments in real estate has grown, capital market entrepreneurs have developed new tools and strategies to finance real estate energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
The third in ULI’s Responsible Property Investment Council’s (RPIC) webinar series, this one-hour webinar will provide an overview of some of the new tools helping developers get access to low-interest capital to finance sustainable new developments and energy efficiency property retrofits.
Panelists will discuss:
- New lower interest “Green mortgages”
- efficiency-as-a-service contracts, and
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) programs, as well as
- some traditional finance tools that can be used to improve the economics of sustainable real estate project investments
- Rachel Davis, Business Development Officer, Petros PACE Finance
- Joe Indvik, Founder & Principal, Rock Creek Consulting LLC
- Chrissa Pagitsas, Director, Green Financing Business, Fannie Mae
- Brenna Walraven (moderator), President & CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies, Inc.
Date & Time
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
1:00-2:00 PM EDT
Learn more about ULI’s webinar here.
The Responsible Property Investment Council (RPIC) aims to accelerate adoption and firmly embed “triple bottom line” principles as a core part of any real estate investment strategy and decision making process. What distinguishes the council is a proactive intent to deploy capital that generates risk adjusted market rate returns while creating social and/or environmental value. The Council focuses on a people-centered approach to real estate investment. Council conversations and presentations delve into the links between resource use, cutting edge technology and building practices, protection of the natural environment and improvement in the lives of people, all of which serve to create robust economic returns.
Learn more about RPIC here.
Urban Land Institute is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit research and education organization supported by its members. Nearly 40,000 members worldwide, represent the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines working in private enterprise and public service. A multidisciplinary real estate forum, ULI facilitates an open exchange of ideas, information, and experience among industry leaders and policy makers dedicated to creating better places.
Learn more about ULI here.
Corporate Sustainability Strategies is pleased to announce Brenna Walraven has been asked by National Multifamily Housing Council to speak at its Spring Board of Directors Meeting in Dallas, TX. May 10 at 1:00 PM, Walraven will moderate the General Session Sustainability Fireside Chat.
About Sustainability Fireside Chat
Sustainability, broadly defined to include environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors are increasingly becoming important investment considerations across the entire real estate investment sector and marketplace. The multifamily industry has embraced efficient building efforts and utility management but has been slower focus on the broader importance of having a sustainability strategy and execution in terms of financial risk and governance. Panelists will discuss the business case for sustainability approaches that improve financial performance and reduce risk.
- Nils Kok, Founder of GRESB and Chief Economist for GeoPhy
- Michael Kirby, Invesco
- Alan George, Chief Investment Officer, Equity Residential
- Moderator – Brenna Walraven, CEO for Corporate Sustainability Strategies
About NMHC Spring Board of Directors Meeting
NMHC Spring Board of Directors Meeting brings together senior apartment executives from the industry’s leading firms. This meeting provides Executive Committee and Board members with an invaluable opportunity to candidly share information and insight on issues of common interest. Learn more about NMHC Spring Board of Directors Meeting here.
NMHC is the place where the leaders of the apartment industry come together to guide their future success. With the industry’s most prominent and creative leaders at the helm, NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enable both members and the communities they build to thrive. Learn more about NMHC here.
The Building Owners & Managers Institute International or BOMI will be presenting their High Performance Sustainable Buildings program. Brenna Walraven will be teaching and mentoring during these courses.
The program consists of three courses:
- High Performance Sustainable Buildings – Investments (HP3) will be held Feb 14-16, 2018, at Oracle Corporate Head Quarters.
- High Performance Sustainable Buildings – Practices (HP2) was held Oct 18-20, 2017
- High Performance Sustainable Buildings – Principles (HP1) was held August 24-26, 2017
While being hosted by Oracle, it is open to the public. For more information, please visit the BOMI website at www.bomi.org.