presented by Green Building Initiative
The Green Building Initiative, Inc. (GBI) is providing a 90-minute forum for information sharing on lessons learned from the perspective of those on the front lines in supporting ESG integration efforts within the buildings industry whether at a building, portfolio, organization, or policy-level. Four unique perspectives will be shared on the most compelling strategies and reasons for swift action on ESG integration.
Environmental Social Governance (ESG)
- Why are consumers, investors, and governments demanding ESG reporting?
- What constitutes an integrated approach to ESG?
- How are organizations and corporations developing strategies and KPIs around ESG?
- What are the implications for supply chains related to ESG and DEI?
- What lessons learned are emerging from those on the front lines of implementing ESG strategies?
- Where are the moving targets for those shepherding ESG strategies?
- Vicki Worden, President & CEO, Green Building Initiative (host and moderator)
- Lotte Schlegel, Executive Director, Institute for Transformation
- Valentina Fomenko, PhD, Founder & CEO, Strategy DNA
- Brenna Walraven, President & CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
When & Where
July 27, 2021
Registration & More Information
Who Should Attend
- REIT representatives
- Investment fund managers
- Asset and property managers
- Building owners
- ESG managers
- Sustainability and ESG consultants
- Those writing or updating policies for facility management, vendors, and data collection
- State/provincial government employees
- Chief Sustainability Officers
- Chief Responsibility Officers
- Facility and energy managers
- Manufacturer representatives
- Ecommerce representatives
- Public affairs and government representatives
- Trend watchers
presented by Better Buildings for U.S. Department of Energy
The energy efficiency and renewable energy finance space is constantly adapting to new market developments and financing innovations. During this session, several market experts will weigh in on recent trends in several key financial products, including:
- How self-managed green revolving funds can help institutions recover and finance their energy efficiency/renewable energy retrofits after the pandemic;
- Expansion of efficiency-as-a-service into municipal, university, school, and hospital (MUSH) markets;
- Expansion of energy savings performance contracts (ESPC) into the commercial space;
- Green bond deployment trends; and
- Retroactive commercial PACE (CPACE) financing unlocking capital for businesses during the pandemic.
- Donnel Baird, BlocPower
- Devesh Nirmul, Counterpointe SRE
- Mark Orlowski, Sustainable Endowments Institute
- Brenna Walraven, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
When & Where
May 18, 2021
Registration & More Information
2021 Summit Sessions | Better Buildings Initiative (energy.gov)
Realcomm will be hosting a hybrid and “by invitation only” Commercial Real Estate CIO Roundtable on April 14 at a multimedia production studio near downtown Los Angeles. A select group of CIOs and senior technology execs will meet physically for discussions on a some of the most critical challenges facing our industry. In addition to attendees who’ll be “live” in the room, additional commercial real estate CIOs and senior technology execs from North America, Asia and Australia will join the conversation remotely via Teams.
(subject to change)
Flexible Hybrid Work Model & The NextGen Tenant/Employee Experience
- Denise Taylor, President Global Technology, Legends Hospitality (moderator)
- Kimberly Bertz, SVP Workplace Services & Experience, Wells Fargo
- Keith Bereskin, VP IT & Building Operations, Healthpeak Properties
- Jim Whalen, SVP, CIO/CTO, Boston Properties
Kilroy Smart Building Case Study
- Bayron Lopez, Operational Technology Manager, Kilroy Realty
ESG and Carbon Neutrality for Smart Portfolios
- Brenna Walraven, President & CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies (moderator)
- Sara Neff, SVP Sustainability, Kilroy Realty
- David Hodgins, CEO, LA Better Buildings
Roundtable Discussion: What’s Keeping You Up at Night?
- Mike Goodwin, Director of Technology and CISO, Stockbridge Capital Group (facilitator)
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Networking
12:30pm – 12:45pm: Welcome & Introductions
12:45pm – 4:45pm: Presentations & Discussions
4:45pm – 5:15pm: Studio Tech Presentation and Tour
5:15pm – 6:15pm: Hosted Reception
Visit Realcomm CIO Forums for more information and to request an invitation.
Presented by Real Professionals Network
ESG (environmental, social, and governance) is a general term used in capital markets and used by investors to evaluate corporate behavior and to determine the future financial performance of companies. — Financial Times.
ESG is the new measure of success for corporations, non-profits, and countries alike.
What You’ll Learn
- Value creation
Date & Time
March 3, 2021
3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT
Real Professionals Network
About Real Professionals Network
provides senior level commercial real estate and development professionals a curated industry hub where they exercise their network of relationships in a meaningful way. Our exclusive meetings help Invested Members and their guests stay top of mind, build trust and enhance credibility by sharing important senior level information. For more information visit www.realprofessionalsnetwork.com.
Webinar presented by BOMA San Francisco
Are you interested in learning more about the certifications you can pursue to market your building as healthy? Come hear from two industry experts, Brenna Walraven, President & CEO of Corporate Sustainability Strategies, and Craig Sheehy, President & CEO of Envision Realty Services, as they impart their knowledge and experience with the Fitwel, WELL, and UL Verified Healthy Building certifications.
They will provide market context for the increase in investor and tenant interest in pursuing such certifications, as well as discuss components, and anticipated costs for each.
- Craig Sheehy, CPM, President and CEO, EnVision Realty Services
- Brenna Walraven, BOMA Fellow, BOMI-HP, CPM, RPA, President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
Date & Time
February 25, 2021
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
BOMA San Francisco
Building Owners and Manager Association (BOMA) is the most influential and effective advocacy, recruitment, and training organization for the U.S. commercial real estate industry. BOMA San Francisco represents more than 72 million square feet of office space in San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin and Sonoma counties, and is federated with BOMA International and BOMA California, the voices of the commercial real estate industry in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento. For more information visit www.bomasf.org.
The achievement of a balanced economic, social and environmental development is recognized as one of the major challenges the building industry is facing today. What is less clear is how building owners and developers can seize the opportunities offered by zero-emissions mandates and disruptive energy technologies to generate business opportunities and value for their stakeholders. In this series, industry leaders illustrate ideas and examples on how to use smart building technologies to achieve energy savings and realize the value creation potential from ESG.
Across the US, building owners and operators are tasked with making energy efficiency upgrades and/or decarbonizing their power supply to meet new emission reduction targets. This session discusses the impact of regulations on building operations and showcases portfolios that are committed to carbon neutrality.
- Sara Neff, SVP, Sustainability, Kilroy Realty
- Ryan Tinus, Sr. Director, Engineering and Environmental Sustainability, Hudson Pacific Properties
- Tanya March, SVP, North America, Envizi
- Brenna Walraven,President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
Date & Time
February 18, 2021
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM ET / 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM PT
Realcomm was founded with the goal of bringing industry leaders together to discuss, demonstrate, and debate the latest innovations to impact our industry. For more information visit www.realcomm.com.