For Class B and C office buildings, there is a largely untapped business opportunity to improve their energy performance.
Multiple constraints have led Class B/C buildings to adopt energy efficient practices into their general business practice at a slower rate than Class A assets. However, incorporating energy efficiency investments and green leasing clauses into these buildings provides an excellent opportunity to add long-term value, through lower energy costs and better alignment with tenants.
To provide an outline for how to simplify and streamline energy efficiency and green leasing opportunities for Class B/C office buildings that are appropriately tailored to the reality of the market, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) worked with Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) and Urban Land Institute (ULI) to create the Unlocking Hidden Value in Class B/C Office Buildings report.
Join BOMA, RMI, and ULI for this webinar highlighting key takeaways from the report and how to overcome the traditional challenges to energy efficiency in the Class B/C market. The webinar will also feature experts from both the property owner and property manager perspective speaking to how they gained a competitive edge from implementing energy efficiency and green leasing in Class B/C office buildings.
- How to get started on energy efficiency in a Class B/C office building by understanding local efficiency regulations, identifying opportunities to improve, and benchmarking performance over time.
- How to optimize resources to prioritize low-cost, high-value energy efficiency projects to achieve cost savings, energy savings, and buildings that are more comfortable to tenants.
- How to reduce the cost-burden of capital-intensive energy efficiency retrofits through different financing options.
- How to modernize the standard lease form to improve the economics of efficiency projects and engage tenants.
- Bill Moebius, Senior Vice President/Regional Director, Peloton Commercial Real Estate
- Brenna Walraven, President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
- Joey Cathcart, Associate, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Matt Praske, Director of Energy and Sustainability, WashREIT
- Marta Schantz (Moderator), SVP, Greenprint Center for Building Performance, Urban Land Institute
- Joanne Arnold, Director of Research and TOBY, BOMA International
Date and Time
Thursday, May 28, 2020