Protecting Indoor Air Quality Amid the Pandemic
The unprecedented focus on the safety of indoor spaces in the pandemic is normalizing hazardous cleaning practices that diminish the health benefits of green buildings. Over-emphasizing toxic cleaning chemicals can create significant health risks for building occupants, including – ironically – serious respiratory disease. How can building managers ensure effective pandemic protocols without creating a new set of health risks? Can third-party certifications add a meaningful measure of health protection? And how can managers leverage the increased attention on indoor air quality to effect progress toward sustainability goals?
This panel will take a deep dive into important considerations around pandemic-era cleaning, including health and environmental impacts, protecting vulnerable populations, promoting equity for frontline workers, and other emerging issues.
Experts from Corporate Sustainability Strategies, BMS Building Maintenance Services and Green Seal will provide insight into how industry leaders are meeting this challenge and provide actionable guidance for guarding against the spread of COVID-19 while protecting indoor air quality and sustainability goals.
- Understand the health impacts of exposure to disinfecting chemicals and identify safer disinfection products and techniques to support effective and responsible building re-entry
- Understand the basics of implementing the LEED Safety First Pilot credits
- Understand how a Green Cleaning program enhances a hygiene-focused cleaning program and how to effectively communicate this to building occupants and stakeholders
- Understand the real consequences of product over-exposure on custodial teams and other front-line workers so that their health and wellbeing can be addressed as a priority
- Doug Gatlin, MPP, LEED AP, CEO, Green Seal
- Brenna Walraven, MBA, BOMI-HP, BOMA Fellow, RPA, CPM, President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
- Emily Gove, LEED AP O+M, TRUE Advisor, Corporate Director of Sustainability and Training, BMS Building Maintenance Service
- Taryn Tuss, MS, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Green Seal
When & Where
September 22, 2021
In-person in San Diego & On-Demand
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, CA