Urban Sustainability Directors Network: Understanding and Partnering with Commercial Real Estate – a Primer for Government (by invitation only)
CRE organizations are a key constituency for governments to consider when new initiatives are being developed, both for the energy use and floor area that Office buildings represent and for the sector’s political and financial clout. This session seeks to provide a primer on the CRE sector to governments that may be less familiar with its lingo and business practices, with an eye toward how to effectively engage CRE organizations in the policy development process. The latter part of the session will briefly explore barriers to efficiency in the sector, share ENERGY STAR resources to help overcome those barriers, and finish with open Q&A and discussion to cover any burning questions.
- Real Estate 101 – key terminology, important business relationships, and property budgets
- Business case & barriers for pursuing benchmarking, energy efficiency, and renewable energy
- Approaches to engaging CRE stakeholders when developing new initiatives
- ENERGY STAR & other key resources including for small offices
- Jack Davis, Director of Program Development, RE Tech Advisors
- Eric Duchon, Global Head of Sustainability, LaSalle Investment Management
- Brenna Walraven, President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Registration is by invitation only.
USDN’s mission is connecting local government practitioners to accelerate urban sustainability in U.S. and Canadian communities.