For Class B and C office buildings, there is a largely untapped business opportunity to improve their energy performance.
Multiple constraints have led Class B/C buildings to adopt energy efficient practices into their general business practice at a slower rate than Class A assets. However, incorporating energy efficiency investments and green leasing clauses into these buildings provides an excellent opportunity to add long-term value, through lower energy costs and better alignment with tenants.
To provide an outline for how to simplify and streamline energy efficiency and green leasing opportunities for Class B/C office buildings that are appropriately tailored to the reality of the market, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) worked with Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) and Urban Land Institute (ULI) to create the Unlocking Hidden Value in Class B/C Office Buildings report.
Join BOMA, RMI, and ULI for this webinar highlighting key takeaways from the report and how to overcome the traditional challenges to energy efficiency in the Class B/C market. The webinar will also feature experts from both the property owner and property manager perspective speaking to how they gained a competitive edge from implementing energy efficiency and green leasing in Class B/C office buildings.
- How to get started on energy efficiency in a Class B/C office building by understanding local efficiency regulations, identifying opportunities to improve, and benchmarking performance over time.
- How to optimize resources to prioritize low-cost, high-value energy efficiency projects to achieve cost savings, energy savings, and buildings that are more comfortable to tenants.
- How to reduce the cost-burden of capital-intensive energy efficiency retrofits through different financing options.
- How to modernize the standard lease form to improve the economics of efficiency projects and engage tenants.
- Bill Moebius, Senior Vice President/Regional Director, Peloton Commercial Real Estate
- Brenna Walraven, President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies
- Joey Cathcart, Associate, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Matt Praske, Director of Energy and Sustainability, WashREIT
- Marta Schantz (Moderator), SVP, Greenprint Center for Building Performance, Urban Land Institute
- Joanne Arnold, Director of Research and TOBY, BOMA International
Date and Time
Thursday, May 28, 2020
While environmental and financial benefits of energy-efficient buildings are undisputed, property professionals need a foolproof plan to execute a lease that achieves and maintains sustainable building operations. For more than 30 years, BOMA International has provided the industry with a model lease agreement that is considered the standard for commercial leases. Recently, it released the latest version of its model lease Green Lease Guide: A Guide for Landlords and Tenants to Collaborate on Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Practices.
Learn the latest in high-performance leasing and building a win-win for building owners and tenants. Hear how some of the industry’s Green Lease Leaders are successfully breaking down the barriers to achieve high-performance buildings. Discover how Boulder Commons and Sharp Development are achieving net-zero energy (NZE) and making a sound business case for NZE in multi-tenant properties.
- Find out the latest industry guidance for greening a commercial lease.
- Discover how the industry’s Green Lease Leaders are successfully implementing high-performance or energy-aligned leases.
- Learn how to execute a net-zero energy lease and build the business case for achieving net-zero energy in multi-tenant office buildings.
- Alexandra Harry, Program Manager, Institute for Market Transformation (LinkedIn)
- Alisa Petersen, LEED AP BD+C, Senior Associate, Buildings, Rocky Mountain Institute (LinkedIn)
- Brenna Walraven, President and CEO, Corporate Sustainability Strategies (LinkedIn | Twitter)
Date and Time
Monday, August 13
2:00 PM-3:00 PM ET (1:00 PM CT, 12:00 PM MT, 11:00 AM PT)
Join us from your desk or anywhere with internet access.
Learn more about this webinar.
CPD Credits and Bonus
BOMA’s Webinars qualify for continuing professional development credits for the renewal of these industry designations: RPA, FMA, CPM, ARM, SMA/SMT and CCM.
Bonus: All webinar registrants receive a special promo code for a 20% discount when purchasing the BOMA Green Lease Guide before September 30.
About BOMA International
BOMA is a federation of U.S. associations and international affiliates. BOMA represents owners and managers of all commercial property types including nearly 10.5 billion square feet of U.S. office space that supports 1.7 million jobs and contributes $234.9 billion to the U.S. GDP. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge. BOMA is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.
Learn more about BOMA International.